February 14, 2007

Love

"Love, soft as an easy chair
Love, fresh as the morning air
One love that is shared by TWO"


SCREEEEEEECH

Not sure what happened there.

Anyway, Happy St. Valentine's Day my blog readers! Love, Love, Hug, Hug, Kiss, Kiss.

O.K., enough. I can only be a saccharine sap for so long.

For us singletons, Valentine's Day can pretty much be a major bummer. We've only been told to prepare for this day since New Year's Day ended. You DON'T have plans? You did NOT get a bunch of flowers? LOSER! At least, that's how we can be made to feel.

Hallmark and American Greetings are not getting me down this year. No sir. This year, I have the Lord.

I have had Valentine's Days in the past where I was "with" someone, yet I never felt so alone.

Not this year: I have the Lord.

My plan for the day, after I get done checking in with my PO (read: Boss), and serving my time in day prison (read: work) is to spend some time with my Main Man in Adoration. I also plan to send him some roses via His Mom's Rosary. What better way to win a man's heart then win over his Mom, right? Later, I have my Catholicism class so I can learn more about my Main Man and His Truth.

Big love to my sister-in-chains, Adoro! I'm sending prayers and a cake (with a big file in it!). Also, love, to Ray from MN, Terry from the Abbey, Hadleybloggers, Happy Catholic, Angela Messenger, Christine, all other Catholic bloggers, my family and friends, and my parish of St. Andrew!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Here is a virtual (((HUG))) from me to you, Cathy! Hope you have a great day!

Keep up the excellent job on your terrific blog!!!

February 14, 2007 3:03 PM  
Blogger Adoro te Devote said...

Awww, Happy Valentine's Day, Cathy! What kind of "file" are you sending? Is it the kind to cut the chains, or is it an HR file for new employment? Or a "file" to add to my other "files" that haven't been "filed" yet? :-)

I have always found this to be an underrated "holiday". It's never gone well, not if I was with someone, not if I wasn't. I just don't like it.

I prefer Good Friday to Valentine's Day.

At least Good Friday actually MEANS something and has lasting lessons.


So here I am...single, and, I guess, vowed to Jesus. I haven't blogged about this "holiday" yet...maybe should.

God bless!

If you're bored, come up to my parish tonight. I'm goign to give a rousing talk on "Sin" to the RCIA class. I thought of doing a "how-to" but most people already got that figured out.

February 14, 2007 3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you don't expect to get anything for Valentine's day. Imagine what it is like to be married and not get anything for Valentine's day.

February 14, 2007 5:01 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

anonymous: Thanks for that shout out for singlehood.

Adoro: Creative interpretation of my text. I love it! I meant file to saw the bars but I like your other stuff. Tonight is my Catholicism class so I'll have to decline your kind invitation. One day, I may make a surprise appearance at one of your talks. Then, you can use me as your poster child.

Jayne: Big hug back!

February 14, 2007 5:10 PM  
Blogger Angela Messenger said...

AWWW shucks....It's nice to be included in the group hug LOL!

All the best to you Cathy!

February 14, 2007 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page