February 18, 2007

Draggin' at Daytona

Wow! What a race! Harvick over Martin in a photo finish. Wrecks galore in the final lap. Bowyer crossed the finish line on his roof and in flames. One of the wildest finishes in Daytona 500 history.

My guy, Martin Truex Jr., had a shot at winning and led for several laps but finished in the garage. Unfortunately, a lot of big drivers ended in a similar fashion: Johnson, Junior, Smoke.

My guy placed 6th in the Busch Saturday. I think he's going to be tough this year. He was not in the final cup contention last year, but he finished strong in the last few races of '06.

After my guy was out of it, I was really routing for Mark Martin. A legend and a mentor to many drivers. A true class act. It would have been Martin's first victory in 22 tries. Alas, it was not to be.

I don't think I drew breath for the last 40 laps. Must get oxygen now.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray from MN said...

Are these guys Catholic?

Do they have Mass in the infield on Sunday Mornings?

Do they all wear scapulars?

February 18, 2007 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page