January 03, 2007

National Catholic Register: Pope and the Witch

To the tune of "The Cover of the Rolling Stone" by Dr. Hook (with snarky asides by yours truly):

NC Reg
Wanna see my picture on the cover (mercifully, you won't)
NC Reg
Wanna buy five copies for my father (why, when it's on the web for nothin'?)
NC Reg
Wanna see my smilin' face (nope, you won't)
On the cover of the NC Reg (don't bother tryin' to find me, I'm not there).


I am quoted in the January 7-13, 2007 issue of the National Catholic Register regarding the University of Minnesota play: The Pope and the Witch. Local bloggers Ray from MN and Adoro te Devote are also quoted.

Alas, they did not mention my blog address or my alias so I can abandon any hope of being on "The Catholic Guy" with Lino or "The View" with Rosie.

I want to thank Mr. Anthony Flott, the reporter, for covering the story and for being charitable towards me in the final result. I was Cranky Cathy in the original exchange with him.

I want to thank my agent, Mr. Terry Nelson. Also, Ray and Adoro for their efforts. Above all, I want to thank God.

I am a subscriber to the National Catholic Register. I think you should be too!

I'm hoping and praying the national exposure helps our cause.

--Janice (Cathy)

7 Comments:

Blogger Adoro Te Devote said...

ROFL! Are you accepting an Acadamy Award? A Pulitzer Prize for blogging?

Hmm......Blogitzer Prizes.......

"I'd like to thank my agent.."

That's precious!

Thanks! I needed that laugh!

January 03, 2007 5:46 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Yes, I'm being a clown. Again! Ha-ha. Oh, I forgot to thank the Academy...oh well.

January 03, 2007 8:27 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Hey, there, Cathy/Janice, you're hogging all the limelight!

How are Adoro and I supposed to top that post?

Great one!

But we can't rest on our laurels. We only have two months in order to make them stop.

January 04, 2007 1:08 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ok, Ray, where's your post? Where's any post from you of late? You've been pretty scarce. I hope you got your computer figured out.

January 04, 2007 2:18 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Well, I didn't get the computer to the doc today, either. Tomorrow morning for sure!

Had a routine medical appointment this afternoon.

January 04, 2007 4:29 PM  
Blogger Adoro Te Devote said...

Ray, your computer is sick? Sorry to hear it, but glad you're not the one who's sick. Especially with your comment about driving yourself to the doctor with chest pains over at Terry's blog!

So I feel much better now...thank you. HOpe your computer gets welll soon. We miss your posts!

Should we post something for you? Is Janice "allowed" to contribute? If not, I elect that she be added to the team. She's got pinoche!

I think I spelled that wrong, but that's OK.

January 04, 2007 6:24 PM  
Blogger Adoro Te Devote said...

OK, my post is up.

Ray, as soon as you're up and running, let's move to keep the heat on this piece of crap play.

January 04, 2007 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page