January 09, 2007

Film Meme

Terry tagged me for a film meme. His first tagging. Of course, he makes it a challenging meme. EAT FRESH!

Your Favorite Film? Gone with the Wind

Your Favorite Film Priest? Bing Crosby in The Bells of St. Mary's

Your Favorite Film Nun? Rosalind Russell in The Trouble with Angels

Your Favorite Religious Movie? Romero.
It really hit me in the gut and it still does.

Your Favorite Comedy? Blazing Saddles
Taggart (played by the great Slim Pickens): "P--- on you, I'm working for Mel Brooks". ROFL!

Your Favorite Action Film? Aliens

Your Favorite Thriller? The Changeling

Your Favorite Foreign Film? My Brilliant Career

Favorite "Alternative" Lifestyle Film? Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

Your Favorite Animal Film? Jaws.

Your Favorite Animated Film? Beauty and the Beast.

Your Favorite "B" Movie? Can't Stop the Music.
So terrible, it's a comic masterpiece. Village People, Bruce Jenner, Valerie Perrine and Steve Guttenberg all in one film!

Your Favorite "Newer" "B" Movie? Napoleon Dynamite

Your Favorite Black Comedy Film? (As In Humor.) The Ladykillers (the 1955 original)

Your favorite Period Film? Star Wars (the undefined future of another galaxy can be a period right?)

Your Favorite Biblical Film? The Ten Commandments

In your opinion, the most important film in Cinematic history? Citizen Kane
I know, every critic says that. But, it is a really well done film. Everyone should see it at least once. "What would you like to have been?" "Everything you hate" Rosebud! "...what I want them to think" The sound of one hand clapping. Innovative camera shots. That great map of the Kane empire with all the pulsing circles. Egomania. Tragic childhood. Failed love and dreams. It's all here.

I tag Angela Messenger, Happy Catholic, Christine Schult (if she's up to it) any of the Hadleybloggers and you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ray from MN said...

1. Did you forget to put down the title of your "favorite B movie?"

2. Ten thousand thanks for not tagging me. I must have mentioned that I don't see many movies. But that imp, well, old imp, Terry the Forgetful, tagged me so I have to play anyway!

If you look at Terry's movie meme post and check the comments, you will not that I made some comments about a change in blogger that kept giving me the same word for verification today when I was blog posting out on a different computer.

Well now it is giving me the exact same word on my old computer. That will make it at least easier.

January 09, 2007 7:16 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ray: Nope, it's there: Can't Stop the Music-favorite B movie!

I did not tag you precisely because I noticed Earl Terry had tagged you.

January 09, 2007 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page