January 25, 2007

Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul


Today is the Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul. It is also the Patronal Feast of my Archdiocese. For the second year in a row, the Archbishop will be celebrating a special Mass at the Cathedral of St. Paul at 7:00 p.m.

I may or may not attend. I love the idea but I'm not wild about the multilinqual, multiethnic "program" planned for it. Call me a party-pooper but when I read about the plans for a Procession of the Nations, I thought; how about a Procession of the Catholic Nation? How about just Latin, rather then all this multilinqual stuff? How about getting rid of that obviously architecturally out-of-place wooden freestanding altar (ok, the last one is not on the program at all but that table drives me crazy)!

This day also gives me a fine excuse to post a Caravaggio (like I need one!).

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray from MN said...

You are not marching to the USCCB's drummer, Cathy of Alex.

You're not employed in some chancery cushy job are you? If so, I would start polishing up the ol' resume'.

The "Horizontal Community", chock full of peace and justice is the only way to salvation these days, haven't you heard. Forget about the Sacraments, forget about Adoration and Devotions. Get with it lady!

January 25, 2007 6:45 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ray: Yes, I guess I'm just an old relic!

January 25, 2007 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page