January 25, 2007

Catholic Spirit Part 2

What a difference a few minutes makes! Now, that I've calmed down from my last post (now you see how mercurial I am!)....

I recalled (after about 10 pious entreaties to all my favorite Saints), that I used to think like Sen. Torres Ray so I have some sympathy for her. She just needs to be educated and corrected-a lot.

If I'd been elected to political office 5 years ago, I would have said what she did.

I think the reason I get so angry when I see our "Catholic" leaders saying things like Sen. Torres Ray is I feel that I was led astray by so many supposed Catholic leaders for so long. It reminds me of the decades that people who KNEW better opted to distort the truth or dribble it out to big sopping sponges like me.

I HATE the idea that impressionable folk are listening to and believing what the Senator says is Truth because she is in a position of authority.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should reread the editorial, including the sentence "Abortion cuts to the core of the Catholic Church’s beliefs about the sacredness of human life." Your anger seems to be coloring what you're reading. I don't think the Catholic Spirit is endorsing the senator's pro-abortion stance just by writing about her. I for one am glad to know where she stands on the issue, thanks to the Catholic Spirit, so I can pray for her and other pro-abortion legislators.

January 25, 2007 9:24 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

anonymous: It's a wishy-washy sentence.

I'm not saying the CS is endorsing her stance by writing about her.

However, I think they are letting her off the hook awfully easily for a paper that claims to take such a strong pro-life stance.

January 26, 2007 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page