December 09, 2006

Prayer Requests

Update (12/10/06):

My Aunt Nancy can't leave Florida until Wednesday and she is driving. My Grandmother does not fly well when she's healthy and it would probably be a nightmare now. Grandma has 2 doctor's appointments that she can't miss before they can leave. Kathy is not expected to live longer then 2 weeks. It is really going to be a race against the clock for my Aunt to get here in time to be with her friend in her final hours.

My Aunt Joan in SD will watch Grandma. Joan does not have a reliable car so Nancy is leaving her car with Joan. I offered to drive out to Aberdeen SD and pick Nancy up and bring her back right away. A long day in the car. Nancy felt going to Aberdeen first with Grandma was the best option, rather then stopping here first.

At this point, please pray to St. Joseph for the grace of a merciful death. Kathy is really suffering right now. She cannot eat or keep fluids in. Pray for the safety of my Aunt and Grandma who have a long road trip ahead. Pray the weather holds off. We have no snow right now but you never know when a storm could hit or they could drive into one. Pray for my Aunt Joan who will be caring for Grandma for a while (if you have ever cared for anyone with Alzheimers, you know what that is like) Pray mostly for my Aunt Nancy who is really having a difficult time right now. I've spoken to her and she is barely holding it together.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I hope to be blogging again soon but it is not a priority right now.



(12/9/06)Gentle Readers: I am asking for your prayers for the following good people:

My Maternal Grandmother
My Aunt Nancy
Long-time family friend's Kathy Peterson and her husband Alan
Blogger Christine Schult of The World....IMHO blog

My Grandmother was recently diagnosed with Alzheimers and the disease has taken a hold of her very quickly. My Aunt Nancy is Grandma's caretaker. In addition to caring for Grandma, Aunt Nancy's lifelong best friend, Kathy Peterson, is dying. We don't expect Kathy to be with us much longer. The family is scrambling to scrape together funds and transportation to get Aunt Nancy up to Minnesota from Florida to be with her friend. We are also trying to find an available family member to care for Grandma in Aunt's absence.

Angela Messenger is a friend of Chris' and she has information on what happened to Chris. Chris has a devotion to the Miraculous Medal and Angela requests that we pray the Miraculous Medal Novena for Chris. Chris has one of the best pro-life blogs on the web. I miss her blog and I pray she will be alright.

Thank you and God Bless!

4 Comments:

Blogger Georgette said...

I will keep these intentions in my prayers today at Mass. Especially your dear Aunt Nancy, caretaker of your Grandma, which I know is not an easy thing and the additional worry of her friend dying. Aw. Bless her heart, may God give her grace, strength, courage, peace.

December 10, 2006 2:43 AM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Cathy - Please know that your Aunt & Grandma, and Ms. Peterson are in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings to all of you.

December 10, 2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Count me in. Coincidentally, I have been planning to get a Miraculous Medal tomorrow, the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

December 11, 2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger Angela Messenger said...

Praying for them at Adoration Monday morning 11-12 Pacific time.

December 11, 2006 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page