December 04, 2006

Christmas Meme

Angela tagged me for a Christmas meme

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate with a shot of Peppermint Schnapps.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa does not visit my home anymore. Probably because I quit setting out gingerbread cookies for him about 23 years ago.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Blue lights on the tree. Lights on the house?! Are you crazy?!? Don't you know they can start a fire?! :-)

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. However, if I thought an attractive man was going to kiss me this Advent/Christmas, I'd mistletoe my entire house and yard!

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually Thanksgiving weekend. This year, I'm actually being a better Catholic and at least waiting for Advent to start. I'll put mine up this coming weekend.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My Dad's Homemade Clam Chowder.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Waking my brother up before dawn and "sneaking" downstairs to see what Santa left us. Playing with the gifts until Mom came downstairs and told us to go back to bed. Mom and Dad knew we were up but let us play for a while. I always knew but it makes me all warm inside to think about my parents doing that.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Tiffany in grade school. I also learned much about the "birds and the bees" from her.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open everything on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I quit putting my ornaments on the tree about 5 years ago. Now, I just have the blue colored lights on.

11. Snow? Love it or Dread it? Love it!!!! Please, can we have some!?!

12. Can you ice skate? Yes. Can I skate well? No.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Love. It sounds trite but I can't remember hardly any of the actual gifts I got. I just remember the feeling of love in my home.

14. What's the most exciting thing about the Holidays for you? All the beautiful Masses: Gaudete Sunday(Priests may not like them, but I like the rose-colored vestments! I also like the rose Advent candle!), Christmas, Mary, Mother of God and Epiphany.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I'm one of about 30 Minnesotans that's not Scandinavian AT ALL but I LOVE Swedish butter cookies!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Adding Baby Jesus to the Nativity scene on Christmas Day.

17. What tops your tree? Because I have the lamest tree outside of Charlie Brown's (see #10), I put red velvet ribbons on the top of my tree.

18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? Hmmm I can't imagine what the RIGHT answer could be for this one, can you?

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Christmas songs are fine by me in very small doses. "O, Holy Night" if it's sung well which narrows the versions down considerably. I like Josh Groban's rendition. Tevin Campbell does a good version too.

20. Candy Canes? Yes. But, I'm a purist. Straight peppermint candy cane. Don't give me those heretical versions with spearmint, chocolate, bubblegum and all that other stuff mixed in.

I tag Ray,
Terry (I dare you!),
Georgette and Happy Catholic.

4 Comments:

Blogger :o) said...

I loved your mistletoe answer! Maybe you should put some on a hat..

December 04, 2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Hmmmm....

December 05, 2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Loved your answers!!
That Hot Chocolate with Peppermint schnapps might make me change my answer...LOL

Here are mine: http://chronicleofameanderingtraveller.blogspot.com/2006/12/christmas-meme.html

December 06, 2006 4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm a candy cane purist, too.

December 06, 2006 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page