December 26, 2006

Catholic Devotions Meme

Happy Catholic and Angela Messenger tagged me

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
Sacred Heart Devotion. I say the Traditional Morning Prayer to the Sacred Heart every day, I try to attend a Sacred Heart Mass on First Fridays, and recite the Litany of the Sacred Heart on a regular basis.

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
Hail Mary. However, I'm also really found of the Memorare and the Magnificat. I say the Angelus regularly. The Angelus probably combines #1 and #2 but I wanted to give it a shout out.

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
Not right now. I have a Miraculous Medal that blogger Adoro te Devote gave me but I need to find a chain for it.

4. Do you have holy water in your home?
No. A while back it occurred to me I should get some.

5. Do you 'offer up' your sufferings?
Big time.

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
About a month ago, I stated my intention to start paying attention to both. Because I'm partial to the Sacred Heart I try to do the First Friday's.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?
I have a standing hour at my parish every week. I will go to Adoration more often than that during the week. I probably average about 2 hours/week.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
I mix it up depending upon my schedule.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
I stink at this. I say the Prayer Before a Meal at holidays. I never say the Prayer After a Meal. I don't even have the Prayer After a Meal memorized. In any case, I usually don't say anything. Pretty bad.

10. Favorite Saint(s)?
St. Catherine of Alexandria (duh), St. Joseph, St. Jude, St. John the Evangelist, St. Thomas the Apostle, St. Andrew, St. Gianna, St. Alphonsus.

11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
Yes. Though like most, I sometimes start drifting into the Nicene Creed.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Yes.

13. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Yes.

I don't think Ray from MN and Georgette have been tagged yet. Oh, and Terry feel free if you are so inclined.

1 Comments:

Blogger Georgette said...

Those are great answers, Cathy! And thanks for the tag :)

December 28, 2006 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page