November 23, 2006

What I Am Thankful For

The U.S. and Canada are the only two nations that have a day dedicated to giving thanks. Every day should be a day of thanks. Every Mass should be an occasion of Thanksgiving. However, I think it really helps to remind all of us to take a moment and be thankful when you have a national holiday dedicated to it!

It should be a day for more then just food, family and football.

Here is what I'm thankful for:

*The existence of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
*God's creation
*Jesus' Passion, Death and Resurrection
*Our priests, deacons, brothers and sisters
*Our truly Catholic bloggers (without whom I may not have found my way back)
*Our truly Catholic apologists and educators
*That I'm a Catholic
*That for the first time in my life I'm really trying to live in conformity with the teachings of Christ promulgated thru His Church.
*The sublimness of Eucharistic Adoration
*The relief and forgiveness of Confession
*The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
*Grace
*Receiving the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Our Lord
*My family-living and deceased.
*Our troops
*Our firefighters and police officers
*My friends
*My brothers and sisters in Christ throughout the world
*My parish
*My excellent neighbors
*My home
*My job
*My cats
*My health
*My blog readers
*The wonderful smell of baking food, the steaminess of my kitchen, the frantic food preparation, the joy when the guests arrive, the satisfaction after they have left, the walk around the lake, the evening cognac and the cigar.

Gentle Reader: May God Bless You and Yours On This Fine Day and Always.

5 Comments:

Blogger Georgette said...

What a great list, Cathy!

I am thankful for all those things and more.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I hope your day is a very good one!

November 23, 2006 6:54 AM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

I hate to use the word "ditto" for the reason you probably can guess. I'm not one of "them."

But that is a very nice list, Cathy, and I subscribe to it all. Hope your event goes well today. You can tell us all about it tomorrow.

November 23, 2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger Angela Messenger said...

I liked it all except the cigar LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving Cathy!

November 23, 2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

I just noticed something.

Does Cathy_of_Alex flop into the comfy chair and night, snifter of V.S.O.P. cognac in one hand and a stogie in the other?

There's a side of her the parishioners of St Blog's had visualized.

Hope your Thanksgiving guests all had a great time, and you, too, stogie or not.

November 24, 2006 8:28 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Excellent list Cathy!
Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

November 24, 2006 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page