November 18, 2006

Signs of God

Gentle Reader: You've no doubt heard the phrase: "Times are so bad, there is nowhere to go but up"

If you read this blog regularly, you know it's been that kind of time for me. I bowled Thursday night with my work team and my first shot went straight into the gutter. Not to mention my angst of the other day... My New Age friend says it's all because Mercury is in retrograde. Whatever...

I'm not the only one. My blog sister Adoro and my blog brother Ray have been having some rough times too. Say a prayer for both of them, please.

I've been implementing my recovery plan gradually. Confession, cleaning the house. I even ran to one of our MANY local Perpetual Adoration chapels Wednesday evening and spent some quality time with the Big Guy.

I took my baked offering to my parish Bake and Craft Sale this morning (homemade chocolate fudge bundt cake with vanilla frosting and a dusting of holiday sprinkles) and there was a table of white elephants! . In fact, the sign on the table said just that: White Elephants $1. I laughed.

Then, I'm running my morning errands and I passed a brand new Divine Mercy billboard at Raymond and Robbins.

Things are turning around. I'm feeling better and I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. Thanks giving, indeed. Thanks Be to God.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all have our valleys, oh but what God teaches us through them. This Thanksgiving thank God for the bad times too. There is a reason for every thing we go through even though when we are going through some of it we would like to scream! We really apreciate the good times when we have the bad times. I'm praying for you!

Robin

November 18, 2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks, Robin!

November 19, 2006 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that billboard too - you were by Leaflet Missal - were you there? And you didn't ask to meet me?
Isn't that billboard great?

November 19, 2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Terry: No, it was not near Leaflet. Maybe there is one over there now too?

I have not been in Leaflet for awhile. I did a bunch of Leaflet catalog shopping recently because I could not get to the store.

I have not forgotten that the next time I'm in there to ask for you!

November 19, 2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Georgette said...

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear it's been a rough time for all of you guys. I will certainly keep you, Ray and Adoro in my prayers.

Remember every test we go through is an opportunity to prove and build character and virtue-- and all of life is a test in one way or another. Always, always, keep the Faith.

Lots of love and prayers,
in Jesus, through Mary,
Georgette

November 20, 2006 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page