November 06, 2006

Is It Just Me?

Is it just me? Or, does anyone else in the Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minneapolis think the Catholic Spirit has moved to the right (in more ways then one!) since their recent redesign?

My latest evidence: The letters section (called "This Catholic Life") in the November 2nd issue, has 6 letters (5 of which) are very strongly pro-life. The 5th letter urges civil discourse and not imposing one's faith on others.

Prior to the redesign, I think the Letters would have been 50/50 with the "social justice only" crowd well-represented.

There have been a few other "markers" recently that have made me think that I need to continue to watch the Catholic Spirit.

I know some of my local blog buddies gave up on the Catholic Spirit a long time ago. You may want to pick up a copy and check it out. Let me know what you think-just wishful thinking on my part? I think most Catholic bookstores in the area carry it.

Update: On 2nd thought, maybe not. The November 9th issue has a reprinted article from Commonweal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page