November 24, 2006

Happy Friday

I hate the phrase: "Black Friday" to refer to the day after Thanksgiving. I know it refers to the fact that retailers are frequently "in the black" for the sales year on this day but I still don't like it. Hence: Happy Friday!

My Thanksgiving was lovely. I hope your day was too.

I was a rebel and prepared a ham rather then a turkey. For Easter, I'll have to prepare a lamb (weak joke!) since I just had the ham.

I only had 8 people. One of my smaller groups. I've had as many as 25. I bought just enough wine but too much beer. Barring another party, I will not have to buy beer for a while.

I was so tired after everyone left that I did not feel like my cognac and cigar. Today, though, today....

Boston Pete provided the music. Do you know Boston Pete? If you like music of the Roaring 20s and 30s, it's fun programming.

Big news: Gravy Guy (B.B.) is going to be my Confirmation sponsor! He was at my dinner. I asked him and he agreed. Remember, in my very first post I said I had received most of the Sacraments of Initiation? I was never Confirmed. I'm ready now. Readier then I've ever been. I'm taking classes. In fact, I'm taking classes from Father Robert Altier. Me. Taking classes from Fr. Altier! 5 years ago, I would have laughed out loud at the thought of it. But, so, here I am. I plan to be confirmed on Holy Saturday 2007.

Sad news: I went to Mass yesterday. My parish, St. Andrew, keeps candles lit thru November for each member of the parish who has died in the last year. Each candle has a card with the deceased's name. I was stunned to see a former neighbors name. Please join me in praying for the soul of Mrs. Sharon. Eternal Rest Grant Unto Her O Lord, and Let Perpetual Light Shine Upon Her. May She Rest In Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger bearing said...

Hey! I just clicked through your Gravy Guy link and saw the reference to Keating's book. A big ME TOO from here --- C&F is one of the most important books in my, er, faith journey.

If you liked that you might like Kreeft's Handbook of Christian Apologetics too. Just a suggestion.

November 25, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Thanks bearing! I'll check it out. I like Peter Kreeft's writing.

November 25, 2006 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page