November 08, 2006

Fight Goes On


Let us pick ourselves up by the bootstraps and remember that the fight goes on. Today, the Supreme Court is hearing oral arguments for Gonzales v Carhart and Gonzales v Planned Parenthood. Both cases have to do with the legality of the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003.

Please join me in saying the Prayer to End Abortion by Priests for Life

Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life,
And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.

I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion,
Yet I rejoice that you have conquered death
by the Resurrection of Your Son.

I am ready to do my part in ending abortion.
Today I commit myself
Never to be silent,
Never to be passive,
Never to be forgetful of the unborn.

I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement,
And never to stop defending life
Until all my brothers and sisters are protected,
And our nation once again becomes
A nation with liberty and justice
Not just for some, but for all.

Through Christ our Lord. Amen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray from MN said...

Well, I didn't want to see that instruction diagram this morning.

But the campaign continues.

So thank you for posting it and the accompanying prayer that I will continue to say regularly.

November 08, 2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ray: I posted the graphic because I'm starting to think that the pro-life movement NEEDS to be graphic to get our point across.

The image makes me cry. Cry.

November 08, 2006 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page