October 16, 2006

Gone Hunting-Missed Story

Desperate Irish Housewife has a blog entry today on a story that was in one of the local papers on Friday. The story showed the Dem candidate with a lab (no word on if this was actually a dog he uses for hunting) and the Rep with a rifle and dead deer.

Sorry, I missed it, I was grouse hunting with my family. Seriously. And, so were probably a lot of other Minnesota sportsmen and women. The weather was awesome for birding and there were a lot of people out.

So, unless they saw it before they left town for the weekend, the hunters missed the story and the anti's saw it.

The Dems are the party that most people typically associate with anti-hunting, anti-gun. In this state, not necessarily. Case in point: Mike Hatch, the Democratic candidate for Governor has a history of supporting gun rights. Outstate Minnesotans are typically not anti-hunting or anti-gun ownership. It's usually the "city folk" who are. Politicians, and Twin Citians in general, tend to forget that there is more area to this state then 7 counties near the confluence of the Minnesota and Mississippi rivers.

Next weekend? I'll be grouse hunting again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angela Messenger said...

I am so jealous! I love grouse!

October 16, 2006 11:46 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Angela: Sorry, it was slow going this weekend. If I have extra this year perhaps "Santa" can send you some for Christmas!

October 16, 2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger Angela Messenger said...

We have grouse up here but I don't know anybody that hunts it. I might have to take you up on your offer!

October 16, 2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger IR said...

I always miss the grouse--bad wing shot.

Stuffed with fresh sage and meadow onion, I miss them even more

October 17, 2006 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page