September 11, 2011

In Memoriam-Ariel Louis Jacobs

This is a post that I originally did as part of the 2,996 Project on the five year anniversary of 9/11. I'm reprinting it today.



Ariel Louis Jacobs b. September 16, 1971, d. September 11, 2001

"We are lucky enough to know that we are more than our losses"-Jenna Jacobs, widow of Ariel Jacobs

Ariel Louis Jacobs, Ari, to his friends, was a man at the top of his stride. A newlywed, he and Jenna were married on September 23, 2000, and an expectant father. In the span of 10 years, he rose from Radio Shack clerk to Executive Vice President of U.S. Operations of Caplin Systems, a British online financial service company. He and his bride had a new home in affluent Westchester County, New York.

He was a man on the move who enjoyed the good life. He was frequently on his cell phone but he still made a point to connect with everyone in the room with his eyes. He enjoyed a good cigar, basketball, paintball, golf, Grey Goose vodka martinis, sushi and yellowfish tuna.




"Ari could always make you smile. His smile and humor were infectuous. He also had the amazing talent of wiggling his ears when you asked him...I will not remember Ari with tears, but instead with the smiles and laughter that he always shared with others."-Cathy Beebe, friend.

He is quoted as saying he did not want his new home to be a showplace. He wanted the furniture to be comfortable so his guests would be comfortable. He and Jenna hosted pool parties and cookouts at their home almost every weekend. He often used his frequent flier miles to bring his bride's family to New York from Minnesota to visit.



"The many ways Ari will be missed will be countless. For me, it will be as a mentor who befriended me on my first day at FutureSource.....Whats more, he had the ability to make you laugh. I mean, really laugh. No matter how bad your day/problem/situation seemed, he would find a light and guide you there. A true friend, Ari was, who really wanted to hear about your dentist visit if that was all you had going on. ...Friend, you are missed."-Amy Conciatori Nash

On September 11th, Ariel Jacobs was attending the Waters Financial Technology Congress at Windows on the World on the 106th Floor of 1 World Trade Center--the North Tower. Around 8:47 a.m. he called his assistant to say that he had arrived at the conference. About one minute later, American Airlines Flight 11 slammed into the North Tower between the 93rd and 99th floors. 102 minutes later the North Tower collapsed. No one in the North Tower above the impact zone survived.

Six days after the attack, Ariel Jacob's son and only child, Gabriel Benjamin Jacobs was born--one day after what would have been Ariel Jacobs' 30th birthday.



"Ariel was the center of my world, and I lived to make him happy. People often told us that we had an aura around us that glowed with our love. Simply put, we were crazy for each other. I am so lucky to have had five years of what most people never had at all. We left nothing unsaid--not one word, not one adoring look, not one touch. My only regret is that we did not have more time to show each other over and over again how in love we were."--Jenna Jacobs

Eternal Rest Grant Unto Him, O Lord, And Let Perpetual Light Shine Upon Him. May He Rest In Peace

8 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

excellent tribute Cathy...thank you for painting such a human picture of him...very sad that his child will not know him...

September 09, 2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

You did do an excellent job, Cathy. I wish now I would have made time to select someone.

It must have taken some time to find all the photos and biographical information and to assemble it as well as you have done.

You even found a local connection.

May God have Mercy on the souls of all the victims and provide healing for their surviving relatives and fellow citizens.

September 10, 2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger Julie D. said...

A really wonderful tribute. I felt as if I knew him. :-)

September 11, 2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Justice Montgomery said...

There was a story in our news today that included the Jacobs family http://komo4.com/stories/45398.htm

My deepest sympathies go out to the Jacobs family.

Blessings,
~ ~ Justice

In Memory of Edward York
Remembering Vincent

September 11, 2006 3:02 PM  
Blogger Joie DeVivre said...

That was very moving, thanks for sharing.

September 12, 2006 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First they came for Admiral Jeremy Michael Boorda
and I did not speak out...
because I was not Admiral Jeremy Michael Boorda!
Then they came for General David McCloud,
and I did not speak out...
because I was not General David McCloud!
Then they came for Vince Foster
and I did not speak out...
because I was not Vince Foster!
Then they came for William Colby
and I did not speak out
because I was not William Colby!
Then they came for Princess Diana
and I did not speak out
because I was not Princess Diana!
Then they came for Anna Politkovskaya
and I did not speak out
because I was not Anna Politkovskaya!

Recently they came for Alexander ,
and I did not speak out
because I was not Alexander Litvinenko!
Tomorrow they will come for me
and alas, there will be no one left
to speak out for me....
----------------------
remember me in 2008 before you vote...

"an unknown patriot"

P.S. Please forward to every American on the internet.

January 18, 2007 4:51 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks for sharing some of Ari with us. Prayers for him, and his family and friends today.

September 11, 2011 1:08 PM  
Blogger Terry Nelson said...

You knew him? I'm sorry for your loss. RIP.

September 12, 2011 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page