September 13, 2006

5 Things Meme

georgette tagged me for a 5 Things Meme.

5 things in my freezer:

1. ice cream (almost always)
2. frozen perch fillets (caught by yours truly)
3. bags of frozen vegetables (spinach, broccoli, corn, turnip greens, peas)
4. hamburger patties
5. Shaker's Vodka (wheat)-one bottle

5 things in my closet:

1. American Flag (I store it in there otherwise my cats jump all over it)
2. Gauguin print that I need to have matted and framed.
3. Plastic 5-drawer thingies for clothes (2 of them)
4. Sewing machine, my sewing basket and some fabric.
5. My Mother's Wedding Dress in it's storage box (Someday my Prince Will Come...)

5 things in my car:

1. My usual collection of stuff hanging from my rearview mirror (currently 6 strands of beads-some from a cousin's bridal shower, one strand from a bike ride I did last summer, St. Joseph's medal, a crucifix and a buckskin drum with hawk feathers)
2. Case with cassettes for my cassette player
3. Garbage bag for car trash
4. 2 pairs of sunglasses
5. My "lucky" rock. (My New Age friend gave me this polished multi-colored rock that says "safety" on it. I am to keep it in my car, she said. The day she gave it to me, I was in a fender-bender in front of Holy Rosary in Minneapolis! She says it worked because I could have been killed. I say: whatever. I keep it because she looks for it everytime she rides with me.)

5 things in my backpack:


1. This is easy: 2 bike locks and their corresponding keys. That's it. I only use my backpack when I commute via bike.

I tag:

Adoro
Ray from MN
Angela Messenger
Chris
Terry Nelson

3 Comments:

Blogger Georgette said...

Great list, Cathy!

I especially got a kick out of all that stuff on your rear view mirror. I hope it is specially reinforced! ;)

September 14, 2006 1:39 AM  
Blogger Ray from MN said...

Ugh!

Who should I blame, you or Georgette?

I forgot I even owned a backpack. Wait til you see what's in it!

September 14, 2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Ray: georgette tagged me but then I tagged you so we each get equal blame. I KNEW you had interesting stuff which is why I tagged you!

September 14, 2006 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
Locations of visitors to this page